Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Excuses Excuses

Dear Teacher,

Various will be absent from Aquafit class tonight, as she has a verucca, and her swimming hat is not dry, and her fish are feeling lonely and need the extra company. Please pass on her homework to one of her many friends in the class, and we can guarantee she will attend with Gusto next week. Apologies for any inconvenience caused....

Ok - real reason being my legs are still knackered from my adventures but also because I wanted to be doing other things today, and they didn't happen. In fact 3 out of 4 major plans I made today were cancelled due to the weather. The only one that wasn't cancelled was going to work, and in fact I ended up at work 1.5 hours longer than usual. One of the things that was cancelled "because of the weather" was a poetry reading. It was going to be taking place indoors, tonight, I know poets can be delicate things, but maybe a plastic tunnel could have been constructed, or a hood for them to wear on moving from their cars to the hall door, to protect them from the "elements" Gah!
As for me, I am on plan D for the evening, but don't even want to make a plan now, because say if I plan to go upstairs, have a bath, dry my hair and read a book, going on today's stats, 3 out of 4 of those plans wouldn't happen. That'd be ok; but what if I only manage to dry my hair, without having gone upstairs or had a bath - wouldn't that be super creepy? I think I need to rest, take the evening as it comes, be spontaneous, but not as much as yesterday. That's the plan now so. (darnit!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is this Gusto chappie that goes to class with you? Hmmm.
I was to go to Cavan this weekend, but we have decided not to travel because of weather. Seeing that I didn't win a prize there, its probably no good anyway!

I learned years ago not to anticipate anything nice - anticipation always leads to disappointment - wish I had learned the lesson better! DQ

Niamh B said...

Gusto is my Hungarian synchronised swimming partner, he's a genius at the scissors, and the elbow knee touch, but the moustache does hold him back a bit on the high speed manoevres...

Cavan Schmavan... they've obviously got no sense if you didn't win anything. See you in the morning.