Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Could Familiarity Breed Success??

I've been wondering;
If I were to send the very self same short story year after year into the Listowel writer's week competition, with only very minor tweaks, perhaps a freshened up line spacing or different font now and then.... How many years would it take to actually win?
How long before the judges get so sick of it that they know the story off by heart?
Or could it work by stealth - whereby they don't even know they know it, but the words trip off the tongue, they somehow find it familiar and comforting?
(for the master of stealth - youtube stealth cat - it's the best cat video on the whole world wide web by the way)
Or could it work by sheer steadfastness? Could I pass it down to my kids and their kids kids, until finally the story itself is a legend, and one day it gets its reward?
Or am I thinking a loada crap?
Hmmmm

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup!
Anyway, instant recognition is what is needed to boost the ego... or am I talking a load of crap too?
DK

Niamh B said...

nope instant recognition's goooooooooood.