Monday, June 3, 2013

Caterpillar News

So the younger sibling of the marvellous Moth Magazine, aka the Caterpillar, was launched yesterday and anyway, I've a poem in it.  I'm quite thrilled about it, as it's the only submission I've made this year, so, so far 2013 has been a year of 100% success.

The poem chosen to be in this very special first edition of Ireland's first (that I'm aware of) literary magazine for children... is non other than the very first ever of my Poems to Dissuade.  Click here to see the full line up in the magazine.  It's a very pretty looking publication I have to say.

In other news, there was a marathon in our city today.  I say city, but you can walk from one end to the other in 20 mins.  In fact, you can run 26 miles around it too, as it turns out - causing all kinds of traffic tomfoolery on the way.  We caught the train in and saw a few of the mad things that were finishing the run. I have to say, it was quite a spectacle.  People with all inhibitions lost, bodies and faces contorted in severe pain, but with joy there too, and they didn't seem one bit disappointed that after all that effort, all the months of preparation and training, the course led them right back to where they had begun.

Meanwhile, little boy turned two on Saturday. Just because he's only two doesn't mean he can't blow out the candles 3 times though (and he knows how to enjoy himself at a rock festival)


Hope your Summer is taking care of you......................

3 comments:

Dominic Rivron said...

Do people dress in silly costumes to run marathons over there? The do here. Daleks, Spiderman, Dracula. I heard someone say how demoralising it was to be overtaken in the last few yards by a toilet.

Words A Day said...

look forward to reading the poem, I loved the poems to dissuade series, your chickens are coming home to roost :)

Niamh B said...

i didn't see any - the worst I saw was people dragging balloons, I don't know how they could do it.
Thanks Niamh - best of luck to you this week too!! Massively exciting! I'll be buying as soon as it hits the shops!!!