Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Culture Vulturehood: Part II - keeping you in tune with what's cutting edge

Last Friday night myself and Mr VC went to see Republic of Loose, in the Academy theatre.
The Loose are a great crowd, check em out on youtube if you haven't heard of em, one of the happiest hippest bunch of cats in town (that aren't cats at all). There were some great moments, singalongs, jumpy up and downy bits, that didn't apply to us old farts, as we stayed sitting pretty (lazy daisies that we are) at the very civilised tables and chairs. I was in heaven for the mooosic song, one of the best songs ever written.

Twas a first night out in the academy - bouncers there think they own the place, maybe they do, maybe it's a co-op, they were itching for a fight whatever way you looked at them, so we didn't.

More culture to be found earlier in the night was at the veggie place opposite where we stopped for sustenance. Govindas it's called.
A chilled out little spot on a Friday night, the crowd there is eclectic, the seating looks like old bar sofas, worn and comfy with the type of pattern seen everywhere in the 90s. The food was great, and reasonably priced. Culture shock came when we asked for coffee and the man checked the coffee maker and there was no coffee, the machine had malfunctioned and no one had asked for coffee all day, so no one had noticed. This tells you all you need to know about the customers. No coffee asked for. All day. I'm not sure I belong in that world, but it's an interesting one to stop off in. We had tea and went on our way.

4 comments:

Totalfeckineejit said...

Never mind all that.Good luck with the moth reading, but more importantly get me a copy of the promotional poster.Do damage and killpeople if you have to.I've asked EW too, so surely you BOTH can't let me down?

Niamh B said...

you mean, you won't be there?

TFE!!! I thought we could count on your support!

Will see what we can do

Titus said...

I am feeling so sharp I could cut corrugated cardboard right now!

You go out? To like, eat? And for entertainment? I fear I have forgotten that world. More coffee!

Niamh B said...

Titus, I tell ye about it every single time, so that's as often as it happens... lol