Monday, April 6, 2009

Mild Panic


I like Dresses, I like Weddings, ipso facto I'm bound to like my "Wedding Dress" amn't I?
Well - I'm not sure, because the nice people in the shop won't let me have it, they keep telling me it's on the way, then the next day they don't answer their phones, or emails.... it was ordered so long ago that I now forget what it was like anyway - so they could probably give me anything at all at this stage, except a leopard print dress, I'm fairly sure it's not leopard print.

I think they think I'm not excited enough about the wedding, (a theory that perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned to them in my latest email to them) and want to give me that extra frission of will it/ won't it ever arrive in time to be refitted and resized to my new svelte figure (I have lost weight since moving job as the new canteen doesn't have croissants, or chips, or anything at all actually). I have a back up plan of course - but not sure whether my "bought by weight" goldy dress will work alright without the customary jeans I usually wear under it ... arrah feck it - twill be grand

2 comments:

swiss said...

you're surely not going to go all bridezilla on us are you? cos if you are i for one, want grubby, character despoiling details

and a gold dress you say? from the eighties perhaps? bravo! ;)

Niamh B said...

I'm torn - whether to fully go Bridezilla or just stay myself. Bridezilla has it's entertainment value - but staying sane would be nice too.
The gold dress was bought second hand in a shop in boston, that sold clothes by weight, and it wasn't exactly a bargain, but could be from any era - so yeah - possibly 80's, smells more like 60's tho!