Saturday, April 10, 2010

Prebus poem


So - I would've liked to have pretended the following (slightly creepy) poem was my response to my bus prompt this week, but luckily remembered that I wrote it long before this week, and more importantly - already told ye about it sort of - it was in my list of favourite poems of the year so far...

Anyway - it might serve to get us in the mood of sorts. Bus will officially open doors to allow early passengers on tomorrow, or later today, depending on when people show up - but beware of the step - it's slippy, TFE has already fallen out the door on his first attempt at entering.



Getting on board with her timeless mobile phone, and a wonderfully True poem - it's Revolutionary Jeanne

Next to join us with a tasty poem on the Indian Takeaway across the road - a big welcome to Evalinn!!!


See ye later

Here's the bus posing with what's left of the exercise ball, and the "Claw of Doom" on the right of the photo.

6 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

I'm not usually one for signs but when I was pregnant I kept finding myself singing 'She's the one'. And I did have a girl. Spooky.

Or not really...too much listening to MOR radio.

Creepy poem indeed. I like the pupils especially.
x

Lorenzo — Alchemist's Pillow said...

Not my "breathless heart swears", too! That is going entirely too far. She can have all the rest ...

Very nice, Niamh. Some great images here. I like the falling in the pupils and the twisted bouquet.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Great poem,hardly alien at all.

Pupils so black, you'd fall in is a cool line.Another one begging to be read out loud.Love the crescendo of the list to the punch of the last line.Deadlio!

Niamh B said...

Thanks Rachel - tis a catchy catchy tune isn't it?
Thanks Lorenzo - really liked your lipstick poems today as well - I suppose I should really say that over on your blog, but you might get enough adulation over there perraps...
Thanks TFE... I will be reading it out sometime alright, maybe soon... we shall see.
Meanwhile - the bus is parked for the night, can't wait to see who's next on!

Anonymous said...

Hi. Hopping on board after having a final tinker with the words.
http://crazyfieldmouse.wordpress.com/2010/04/10/cryptic/
Challenging prompt, confess I thought about cheating and just picking my favourite name, but it fell to someone interesting anyway.
As always, am so looking forward to the contributions.
crazy field mouse

Niamh B said...

Hey Crazy Field Mouse - thanks for joining in, and welcome aboard - all links are up now on today's post