Friday, April 16, 2010

Nuala Ní Chonchúir on the Radio

This week's generous writer in residence at the Sunday Scrapbook is Nuala Ní Chonchúir - you'll have seen her at the blog awards, with her top blog Women Rule Writer, or you'll have caught her on her recent poetry pamphlet tour, she is launching her debut novel "You" next weekend at Cúirt Literary Festival, and she'll be sharing some of her work (possibly including a peek at her new novel) on the show, along the theme of "The River".
I'm sure it's going to be a really interesting one, so be sure to join us, this Sunday, live at 4pm (that's 11am Lima time) on Liffey Sound - link on the right there, or catch up soon after on the Sunday Scrapbook blog

I'm pretty sure Nuala needs no introduction to most of you - but for anyone who doesn't know of her:
Nuala was born in Dublin, and reared only up the road from Lucanland in Palmerstown, she is a full-time fiction writer and poet, living in Galway county. She has published two collections of short fiction and two poetry collections - one in an anthology and has just published her first novel. Nuala holds a BA in Irish and a masters in translation. She has worked as an arts administrator in theatre and in a writers' centre; as a translator, as a bookseller and also in a university library. Nuala teaches creative writing on a part-time basis.

8 comments:

Group 8 said...

Looking forward to it, Niamh. If a bit nervously...

Niamh B said...

Ha - Nuala you'll be great I'm sure...

Past guests have said:

"It was the most fun I ever had in my whole life ever..."

"A life changing experience"

"I've never felt so alive"

"Phew, glad that's over"

Group 8 said...

Yes, the last one is chiming with me!

Lorenzo — Alchemist's Pillow said...

A question: what language combinations does Nuala translate? Translation of poetry is something I am keenly interest in, as I consider an impossible and an essential task at the same time.

Niamh B said...

English to Irish and possibly vice verse - we'll find out more on Sunday... Last week's guest was Anamaría Crowe Serrano - who translates Italian poetry into English - you can listen to her show now over on the archive blog if you want...

:-)

Titus said...

Whoo hoo! I might have to go up to Grandpa's to see if I can hear this one!

Totalfeckineejit said...

Looking forward to this one Nivby.

Ps. I can translate English into gibberish.

Niamh B said...

Titus - you should! It'll be worth it!! (it's nice to visit your grandpa anyway!)
Thanks TFE - will bear that in mind next time I need such services.