Monday, April 26, 2010

Mickey Mouse wants his ears back

I've never shown you a picture of me on the Radio sure I haven't, and sure how could I? Well I'm not about to start, but the great poet, and raconteur Eamonn Lynskey of yesterday's Sunday Scrapbook fame has snaps of us both in stoodio up on his blog - you can see them here.
In other news, will be at the Glór tonight saying a few new poems, looking forward to it, as I haven't seen any of my co-performing poets before, and of the musical acts, the one I have seen is great.
Will also be at Mullingar fire festival this weekend, if any of ye are heading that way? Should be fun.
Other news is just that I'm all aches and pains from yesterday's estate clean up day, where I over vigourously attacked the ivy, and my Dad had a lovely surprise 60th birthday last Friday.

6 comments:

Karen said...

You can't know how very envious I am that you and so many of our blog friends seem to have a rich, poetry-filled life! I don't know if it's America or just my region, but it seems as if poetry is an ignored art here. I have not one person to discuss poetry with (other than you Cyberfriends, for whom I am eternally grateful).

It's nice to see you, too, and to have a face to put with the poems.

Domestic Oub said...

Heya, hope Glor went well...sorry couldn't make it :( Mammies will go and have birthdays...

What poems did u read?

Loved the pic btw - you look so professional! Which of course you are. No editing out of hyterical laughter need apply here!

Karen, you could form your own group, I am sure you are not alone!! There must be other dispairing lone poets out there, wishing for an outlet...

Niamh B said...

Hey Karen, have to agree with Oub, there must be more of ye, definitely. Get something going there! But stay with us all too.
Hi Oub - happy bday to your Mam.
I read; Wish, After, Dissappearing, Alien Stalker and Maybe the Night - all of were first time out without the words in front of me, so sort of nervous but didn't mess up too much, It was a lovely warm Glór crowd as always.
Thanks re the photo - I don't actually dress up for the radio at all, but would've had I known!

Don't Feed The Pixies said...

believe it or not they used to have ventriloquists on the radio - so anythings possible!

swiss said...

no, i will not be in your fair land next weekend but t is making noises about a ferry trip so you never know...sometime.

anyway, as you're one of prbably three people who's going to appreciate the irony of this. poems in toilets. no-one else would do that surely?
http://www.shetland-library.gov.uk/BardsintheBog.htm

Niamh B said...

Thanks DFTP, Ventriloquists - I can imagine that working pretty well, mime artistry on the other hand...
Swiss, there's always next year, actually heard there were a gang of scots poets going around Ireland of late - doing scots gallic stuff, haven't heard them myself but thought you'd probably know them. And yes - toilets, the perfect spot for poetry, there used to be some great toilet graffiti in college, it was like following soaps sometimes the slagging that went on...