Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Slow

Sorry I've been so slow to post this, the grand finale of this years IPYPIASM, or should I say last years.. there's lots of reasons for the slowness, but I won't bore you with them... rather than that... please savour the delightful final pieces of the IPYPIASM puzzle.

First here's a link to a post from Kat
with 2 poems that didn't quite make it into stores... they're worth a lucrative half point each to Canada, who up to now didn't even feature in the festival for this year.

Then click over here
for Bug's last poem in a shop of the year, and a fitting* grand finale to the festival



* geddit? fitting? fitting room...?

This brings our final none competitive scoreboard to the sparkling tally of

USA 8.5
Canada 1
Ireland 21
Scotland 14
England 6

With a grand total of 49 poems in actual shops this year has been the biggest and best and yes - there will be a prize badge available to those from the winning country and also for all partakers... I just need someone to design them for me...

9 comments:

Domestic Oub said...

I'd like to think in some small way I helped in sticking it to the rest of the world! We're number one! We're number one!We're number one!We're number one!We're number one!We're number one!

Gracious in victory, as ever...

Domestic Oub said...

Ps - Thanks for IPYPIASM. It's class in a glass!

Howling at the Moon said...

I second the thank you for IPYPIASM! Can't wait for the next one. And I'll be sure to recruit some of my friends in the States.

Kat Mortensen said...

I'll do better next year. I promise.

Kat Mortensen said...

Hmm. Niamh, your link is taking me to my post: Nosebleed Frozen-Pea Soup.

I think the one you want is here:

http://poetikat-km.blogspot.com/2011/12/pypiasm-poems-that-didnt-make-it_24.html

(The soup is very good, by the way. Don't let the name fool you.)

Niamh B said...

Oub & Howling - thanks yourselves for taking part!!! Yes, I think next year we'll be ready to take it professional - get national teams together etc etc.
Kat - I have fierce trouble with your blog sometimes, the links go haywire to some Georgia person... anyway - I read the bloody pea soup post and liked that too.. will attempt to fix the link anyway. Thanks!

The Dead Acorn said...

Yep, many thanks from me as well. I'm sure next year we'll hear from Asia, South America, Africa, and Australia ... finding someone at a research station in Antarctica to write a poem may prove difficult, however. Do they even have shops there?

Titus said...

Yay for IPYPIASM! Yay for Ireland!

I'm starting training for 2012 now. We'll have you next year, Butler.

The Bug said...

This was GREAT fun - I'm so glad I participated this year :)