Monday, May 9, 2011

Returning in May

So now we're back. Dubland is a nice place to return to in May. We've a blue flowered tree in the garden that goes mad to welcome us. The rest of the so called "lawn" laughs at the very thought of a mower, it safely murdered our last one in 2010, and has no fears of reprisal almost a full year later. The dog is still trying to relocate the craters that she had worked so hard to create in the landscape, now they've completely grown over.
Finished for maternity leave on Friday, got a lovely bunch of flowers and a card that says "Sorry you're leaving" - hope they realise I plan to come back! They won't get rid of me that easy.
I haven't got my head around the new poetry jam type thing yet, but maybe in another few weeks... tisn't a big loss for the jam as I've been writing very little, ok nothing, of late, not even the blog - the observant among you may have noticed.
Today we're going to try and find something with wheels to move a mini cushion around in, as well as something for the newbie to sleep in (having finally agreed the fish's aquarium will not do - the fish are staying in their holiday home type bowl in Cork for the Summer, for a change)
Whoever hasn't seen the following video hasn't lived...


They're from the same part of Cork that we're gradually making into our new home. Mr VC even saw them live during our stay down there, in fact he was paid to see them, as they were doing a gig at the school he was subbing at... anyway - I'll leave on that high point, and hopefully it won't take me another week to get back online!

9 comments:

Gerry Snape said...

good to have you back!
I'm on my way for a belfast family break this week, so looking forward to that!

Titus said...

I'm so confused! Are you a two-house family? Where do you really live? Was the whole move a big feint to throw us off your trail?

I'll come back and catch the video once I've finished scratching my head.

Niamh B said...

Thanks Gerry, enjoy the break!

Titus - I'm confused too. We've been living in Cork for 3 mnths for work reasons, but now I'm on leave we're back here to try and sort this house for renting in time for us to get back to rent somewhere down south. As I said somewhere recently - change is my marshmallow... am hoping all these stories of babies liking stability and routine are wildly exaggerated - otherwise we're in trouble!

The Bug said...

I'm so glad you desided to forego the aquarium as a crib - that might have created all sorts of confusion in your wee cushion :)

Emerging Writer said...

welcome back. DYing to see your bump (and you of course) (And Dora)

ManAboutForty said...

Welcome home Mr & Mrs VC et all your bumps and bangs ... says he looking out at the Liverpool Wheel

Niamh B said...

Tks Bug - we have located a cot, and ordered - so if it arrives on time babs won't have to sleep with the fishes.
Tks EW - yeah lookin forward to a catch up over the summer.
Tks MAF, hope the liver puddles are treating you well!

Batteson.Ind said...

oh. my. god.......

crystal swing for the eurovision next year?... or what!...

Niamh B said...

I actually said that to himself last night, they're about the only ones I can imagine sending next.