Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Update on exciting goings on


So - yesterday I didn't tell you, but I actually had a big mad flu. I know, I'm so brave really (I even went home from work early, which is probably why I didn't tell you, because I felt guilty for going home, because I never really miss work for being sick - luckily for me). I still have a leetle bit of a sore throat, but am feeling strong enough to let you know the following important update(s).

The dog doesn't care about soccer - here is video evidence - showing her sleeping through tonights Manchester Utd match. Although she does love playing it herself and is nifty with her Winnie the Pooh ball, she can't be bothered when someone else is playing. I can't blame her - I find soccer a great aid to getting to sleep.



The second exciting update is that there is no second update - that's why the "s" is in brackets above.
(The lesson learned here is never EVER trust anything in brackets)

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Glad you are feeling better. Boyf had the lads round to watch the game and as he is in a good mood I can only assume Man U won.

Titus said...

Honey and lemon.
Football only appears to provide an opportunity for athletically talented men to make shedloads of money, travel the world and make headlines when they shit on their beauteous wives or girlfriends. Or frequently, both.
So no, I don't watch it much either. Except the World Cup. In 1966.

Totalfeckineejit said...

I'm sorry Niamh , but that video proves nothing, cept a comatose dog.How do we know this wasn't filmed while Liverpool were playing (highly believable) or when the telly wasn't on.I'm thinking no one, not even a dog could sleep through a Man United game.

Niamh B said...

Thanks Lily - glad for you that Man U won if himself is one of those...
Titus - thanks - no honey or lemon in the house - so brandy and hot water had to suffice. As I say I'm so brave. And yeah - why what happened in 1966? JOKE - don't answer that - thanks
TFE - talk about trust?! She was actually yelping very cutely in her sleep until I started taping, but yeah - listen to the commentary if you don't believe me... slept right through to the whistle.

NanU said...

I'm with you - football is sleep-inducing. which can be just the ticket when one is sick. Rugby, now there's a game. A game that dogs can still sleep through at will, but dogs can sleep through anything.
glad you're feeling better!

Niamh B said...

Thanks NanU! me too! and I can sleep through rugby too... all sports actually have a common effect on me...

Unknown said...

Extremely curious - never thought I'd see the word soccer on your blog - are you just pandering to your American readers? Irish people say football, right? Can I trust anything I learn in school?

Niamh B said...

no pandering to american readers - the very idea!!
Soccer is that game with fancy logos and boys who are paid to run around looking good and they're not allowed touch the ball with their bare hands unless they are french.
Football is an Irish game - gaelic in fact - played by "not men but giants" people who do it for the love of it (they're not paid), and it's a proper serious rough game that even I mightn't sleep through if Cork are playing! (It's a big deal over here)
Thank you for asking :)