Saturday, February 13, 2010

Enda Muldoon on the Radio

This "Giving each other Expensive bits of cardboard" day, I have a very special guest on the radio (they're all special, but you know what I mean), (listeners will know him as the relationship expert that phoned in on Stephen Kennedy's relationship show)
Anyhoo here's his bio - Enda Muldoon began comedy four years ago in a bid to deal with deep seated childhood psycholgical trauma. This badly thought out attempt at purging his demons in public proved not only to be unsuccessfull, but has involved many of his shows ending with his admission to a psychiatric unit. Not strictly a comedian, watching Enda perform is a dark view at the fragility of the human psyche. The fact that anyone would give him a microphone, is proof in itself that the collapse of society is imminent. THE RACE TO THE BOTTOM IS OVER, COME SEE THE WINNER.
His show will be on the theme of "The Art of Comedy" and should be an interesting one.
As he says himself "As a generally shy and introverted character this will be an interesting test for my ability to open up. In many ways this will be a cheap therapy session in which the many demons haunting my dreams can finally be exorcized. It will also be part confession as churches scare me."
The usual bat time - 4pm on Liffey Sound - see ye then then...


In other news, Gardaí have one main suspect in the case of the missing yellow Rose (presumed shredded). The Rose went missing last Monday evening from this location where it grew in peace and harmony with the surroundings, until it was replaced by this hole.
The root was found nearby with a large black paw also located in the vicinity.
The main suspect has returned to the scene several times, and was even caught in this amazing cctv still, handling the root, thought to be the last surviving remnant of the Rose.

Gardaí warn that the suspect should be treated with caution, and may be carrying a Winnie the Pooh football, do not attempt to approach if you see her - simply call 1800 - ROSE - KILLER - to be put through to the special task force.

In other news - since ye were kind enough to compliment my special effects poem in the last post, here's another short one - named by Oub - O'Leary's Chair, i'm told it's funny... ye've seen it in print before if you're a regular here, but this way you get to hear the great response of the lovely lovely people at the fab Brownbread Mixtape.

7 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

Who needs Marley...

Sorry our Girl has just watched it for the umpteenth time!

x

Niamh B said...

Marley gets a mention in a poem of mine actually Rachel, I'll put the recording up tomorrow... :-)

Rachel Fox said...

First time I watched it with her I hated it! Yesterday...I was ironing in the background...it didn't annoy me so much. She asked me why I didn't like it and I had to admit that maybe I was a bit jealous he had made so much money writing about his damned dog.
x

Lorenzo — Alchemist's Pillow said...

Niamh, thanks so much for the palindrome Dylan-Yankovic video you suggested in your comment on my last post. It is really terrific.

Niamh B said...

Hi Rachel - there's that, and just the dragged out-ness of the dogs demise...
Glad you liked that Lorenzo! Fun post.

Titus said...

Can't listen, can't watch but I'm with you in spirit.

I am, however, loving that dog. Maybe it's got something against Texas. Those endlessly annoying songs, I expect.

Niamh B said...

Hey Titus, takes one mischeivous dog to know one I guess! Glad you're here in spirit - when you get that new computer you'll just have hours of entertainment!
Happy V day