Sunday, August 9, 2009

Probing Questions

I need some help. I'm not afraid to ask for it. I reckon ye folkies out in blogland would have great ideas for great questions I can put to writers of a Sunday morning. So cmon - out with it! What would you ask... if you could ask anything at all. What are the best questions you've ever asked yourself? or been asked? I'm hoping my radio show will solve all the problems of the world, or if not at least go some way towards enlightening myself and my mam - who will be faithfully listening in on the world wide web. So make em good.

In the meantime please enjoy the photo of the sky above dubland - a result of our sky hunting session last saturday evening which came about when Mr VC claimed that dubland has only a tiny percentage of the amount of sky to be had in the West.

10 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Since it is rumoured that I might be subjected to some of this questioning, no really dumb ideas. My sex life is private. My earnings from literature is private. How I research the more torrid scenes in my stories is private. And no, I don't steal either poems or plots from the rest of the group....well, not often, but that's private too!

Niamh B said...

If all that stuff is private it doesn't leave me with much to work with.... Your struggle with drugs, the years of prostitution - (or does that come under the torrid scene research?), your mafia connections?

Domestic Oub said...

What's your favourite colour. Great question. Deep, probing. Enlightening.

Niamh B said...

Hmm - might be a bit too personal - It is a Sunday morning family show, don't want people breaking down in tears over the mixing desk - yes that's right, that's what I'm calling it anyway, it has levers and wooshes.

I bet yours is Ruby though! :-)

Anonymous said...

Actually, and interesting question (don't know if i could answer it) is what kind of writer do you think you are? and do you write stuff you yourself would read? And what do you do with your stories?
Oops, I#m coming up with loads of questions. Would hate to have to admit that most of them are sitting on a shelf in the bedroom for posterity! Hate admitting this to myself even! DQ

Niamh B said...

cool keep em comin!

Unknown said...

I would like to know how you all write: pen and paper, computer, typewriter, in blood? Are there rituals you have with reference to your writing? Anything that 'gets you in the mood,' so to speak?

Niamh B said...

Cool thanks for that one Jessica

Group 8 said...

"Did you always want to be a writer?"

Niamh B said...

Thanks WRW - frm trying to answer that in my head I know it's gonna be a revealing one alright. It'll be added to the list!