Wednesday, December 30, 2009

An old poem

Here's a wee poem written a while back, thought it might be a nice one to end the year on... Not saying that I definitely won't get to post tomorrow, but with my hectic calender of social commitments (actually doing nothing at all for new years! Bwa hahaha), not to mention the 2009 "to do" list that ain't half finished...(Actually anything on that list, if it existed, that wasn't done - could stay undone, while I'm busy doing nothing! - Bwa hahah) I figure it might be just as well to offer ye a happy new year wish now...

6 comments:

Totalfeckineejit said...

Great poem Niamh,just right for the new year,says a lot there about 'it' (whatever 'it' is) and says it really well.Vaguely remember Titch Miller in a poem in leaving cert.As for the other lines...
'Is there anything more beautiful, more shining than the possible'
...Or something like that, by Kierkegaard,... or someone like that.
Happy New Year!

Niamh B said...

Thanks TFE. Thought for a second the Kierkegaard line was from my poem... ah well.
Many happy returns sir!

Huhtikuunnoita said...

I wish You all the best next year.
Keep well.

Niamh B said...

Thanks Huhtikuunoita, just found a google translate button on your blog which will make reading a bit easier. Am getting some nice translations out of it - some lovely phrases like "Sink more slowly than one realizes" and "split the wisdom of life happiness"
I'll be reading more often in 2010!

Unknown said...

I love this poem, it's perfect for the new year. Reminds me of the first day of school (if you like that sort of thing, I do), or starting out on a trip, or writing with a freshly sharpened pencil.

I love new beginnings. How nice that we get to have them at least once a year.

Niamh B said...

Thanks Jessica, yes new beginnings are pretty nice, refreshing.
I like to think you can have a new beginning whenever you choose, but I like the milestone that a new year offers, to reflect on new beginnings begun, and think more about what new beginnings you want to begin... That's a bit of a tongue twister, but you get what I mean. :)