Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's all the rage in Scotland

Poems in shops are spreading like wildfire - check out Titus, and More about the Song - links on the left, to see the latest genius poems in shops with actual pictorial proof!! I'll be doing a full midway report on the progress of
"
International Put your Poem in a shop month"
on the 15th of December, where I'll be showing year on year how the month is going - so do let me know if you see any poems in shops that I might not be aware of. It's very exciting tho, and I'd say this year is easily going to kick the ass of last year, since it has actually been international this year...

In other news - thanks to Emerging Writer's blog post about Googling and google alerts, and I had this sudden urge to google myself (ok it's not the very very first time I've ever done it), and found a most exciting result (for me) that being the fact that I am mentioned on this month's Hotpress in reference to my upcoming appearance at the Nighthawks! See the linky dink here.

Not only that but I am in the running for a competition that is being awarded next Monday night in Tallaght Library, (ooh the shakes). I have some very tough competition, with a fantastic story by Oubliette not least among my worries (I've had the joy of reading it, and it's darn good, so will probably beat me, feck it). So I'm just very grateful that I'll have had something published this year.

All of which goes a long way towards making up for the crushing blow that was my PFO from a certain competition which I had sillily worked myself up for...
(One of my writing friends being so successful that he didn't even know what a PFO was kinda cheered me too) (a PFO is a Please Feck Off for those of you who don't know)

6 comments:

Rachel Fox said...

Well, at least you get a 'please'. I often get just the FO.
x

Totalfeckineejit said...

Poems in shops has an unfortunate acronym but is a roaring success. Well done.I haven't had any PFO's for a while because I haven't submitted anything since January.Which is all rather pleasant.Maybe there's a lesson to be learned there?

Totalfeckineejit said...

Oh,and good luck Monday night,immortality beckons in the leabharlann.Yabba daabba!

Titus said...

Did that Google thing after EW's suggestion and now I wish I was an ice-skater at the Conrad Hilton in Chicago in the 60's.

But congratulations to you and good luck!

Domestic Oub said...

Ah, gee, thanks for the compliment Niamh - but hey, I didn't come up with the wonderfully successful International Poems in Shops month. Only a superior mind could conjure that...

Niamh B said...

Yes Rachel, grateful that they're polite at least!
TFE - It's IPYPIASM to give it its fullest title. yes i had a thought earlier in the year to try that, but my stupid ego pushed me - said - go on send stuff out sure you're brilliant, and how the world laughed.
Thanks Titus, that's a cool namesake to have all the same...
Ah Thanks Oub - I'm not sure it's true but thanks all the same!