Sunday, January 23, 2011

NanU's Bus - part one of two weeks

So NanU's first of two prompts for the bus was to write about something you like that others don't or vice versa, or something you think they'll like or something... for a more Scientific explanation of the prompt and some other travellers - visit her blog here.

As for me, not unusually - I've tried to follow the prompt but have ended up spinning off in a strange direction that kind of just seems to hint at things I like, and I don't like fishing, but the name fitted the poem, so who am I to judge...

Fishing

We let the grass grow as it wants

Can wear bright coloured shirts

Make lists of silly things

Mix polishing with sliding stockinged feet

We talk for hours saying everything

and never wish to hear an other voice

can wash the wind until it shines

bring our own selves around with every step

See iridescent Tuesdays far ahead

Bedraggled eyes, the maps of long lived time

Split ended thoughts are ours, the things we fed

Are hungry still, and so our lines be thrown


Thanks too to the Fantabulous Mr TFE, Mr Poetry Bus himself who was my last ever guest on the Sunday Scrapbook today, the best possible grand Finalé to the series from my point of view and giving Mr Lynskey a great jumping off point for his taking to the airwaves. Peadar's show can be listened to over here along with all my past guests.

15 comments:

Louise said...

Can wash the wind until it shines, brill line, brill poem!

Titus said...

Wow, what an enigmatic, and beautiful, response to the prompt.
Pooh, I wanted to highlight
'can wash the wind until it shines'
and 120 Socks has gone and beaten me to it! Loved the 'iridescent Tuesdays far ahead' too.

Off TFE-ing now. What a grand finale!

The Bug said...

I like that line too. For some reason this poem made me think of Dr. M and me - we never wish to hear another voice either. At least until we're ready to murder each other & then it's time for work again so that's ok :)

Titus said...

What a great show! Hurry up and get another radio job when you move.

Still shaking my head in disbelief at the fact that TFE's taste in music coincides almost exactly with my husband's, and therefore includes virtually every artist and band I would like to annihilate from the face of the earth. Radiohead! Morissey! The Pogues! etc. I hope he doesn't read this. TFE, that is, husband already knows. Bloody hell, surprised TFE didn't pick a Sigur Ros.

Titus said...

You're having a baby! I just found out you're having a baby! Did you know?!

NanU said...

Wonderful!
Love the Tuesdays especially!

Niamh B said...

Thanks Socks, and Titus, and Bug!

Titus, thanks for letting me know! It explains a lot!
Tks NanU - thanks for driving

Rachel Fox said...

Another beauty. I like 'split ended thoughts' and much more.
x

Kat Mortensen said...

I find more and more that we Poetry Bussers seem to single out and have the same gut-reactions to the same lines. I was going to speak of the wash the wind line too! Mind you, I did also like that split ended thoughts one as well as others.

Kat

Niamh B said...

Thanks Rachel, and Kat - hope that doesn't mean we're homogenising!!

Helen said...

Simply wonderful!

Totalfeckineejit said...

I heard that Titus!

Thanks for puting me on the show Niamh, you were great.
Cool pome too!

Niamh B said...

Thanks Helen,
and TFE, I would take it as a complement, maybe you actually are Titus's husband's long lost brother?

Dick said...

Exuberant and freewheeling - a sense of renewal and hope herein. Just right in the midst of all this cold and damp.

Niamh B said...

Thanks Dick :-)