Thursday, July 1, 2010

Noel King on the Radio

This weekend it's the fabulous Noel King taking to the Sunday Scrapbook hotseat.

Noel is a writer, actor and musician, native of Tralee, Co. Kerry.
His work has appeared in publications in over thirty countries, in journals
as diverse as Poetry Ireland Review, The Sunday Tribune, Bongos of the
World (Japan), The Dalhousie University Review (Canada), Kotaz (South
Africa), Poetry Salzburg Review (Austria) and Polestar (Australia). Along
the way he has been a singer with the famous Bunratty Castle Entertainers
and has worked as an arts administrator. He edits Doghouse Books, a poetry
imprint, with 30 titles published since 2004. The title of his first
collection which has just recently come out is "Prophesying the Past" and that is also the very interesting theme which he has chosen to base his show around.

Join us then 4pm (5pm in Denmark) this Sunday on Liffey Sound - link on the right there, or see ye sometime later on the archive blog for a catch up - http://sundayscrapbook.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Titus said...

Good Lord! I am surpassing proud of myself! I have just listened to the show with Peter Goulding. And I imagined his voice as kind of Essex lairy, and he looks so much younger than his voice. It's all so weird.
Loved "Creation".
How do you manage to talk intelligently for so long? I am agog.
In fact, I'm going to have to have a sit-down. I don't know how many of these I can take. Mind-bending.

chiccoreal said...

Dear Naimh: Thanks luv! I did hear abit of the sound last time...You mean PETER was on the radio too? OMG!!!Oh I'd SO love to hear him! Are there rebroadcasts of Peter on the radio? I get the times all messed up! Anyway, if you could please help me with a link again! That would be WONDERFUL..too bad I dont live in Denmark...Thanks!:)

Niamh B said...

Titus that's great you got to hear Peter, there've been a lot of brilliant writers on, I think I'm going to have to start relistening to them too!
Hi chicco, thanks so much - yes you can still get Peters show over on sundayscrapbook.blogspot.com (Scroll down for a link to his show) - they're kind of large files to download but they're hopefully worth it!