Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A new way to deal with poor service

Don't get mad, get crying.

Yes folks, when a so called "shuttle" bus does not appear inclined to be particularly shuttley at the airport, in fact doesn't appear at all and you ring up to see when they might find time to come and bring you from standing outside said airport in the freezing cold and night time, and they say 20 minutes and then don't show up for a half an hour.... you'd be surprised what a great revenge crying can be.
I could have been nearly home by the time they got me to the car, but it was easily the most enjoyable awkward silence that ever fell when the driver asked me "how are you" and I just about choked out that I was "not so good" and he faced forward as if he was driving a banshee home while I sobbed to myself.
Of course do not attempt this without copious amounts of hormones in your system, or you may possibly just die of embarrassment first.

9 comments:

Louise said...

I am sure you weren't the first banshee he drove home! Cold and late is tough even without the hormones. I hope you got wrapped up warm with a nice cup of tea when you got back! And just think, how understanding you now are to fellow banshees!

Dominic Rivron said...

I'd have thought taxi drivers see all sides of us, including our most vulnerable. It'd all be in a days work.

There are worse things. At least you didn't throw up. My job once involved driving people from place to place. Someone once did a "number two" in my front seat. I had to drive round with the windows rolled down for a while.

The Dead Acorn said...

I did the same thing the other night when the server hadn't noticed that my beer was empty, and I sat there for almost 2 minutes, as dry as the Mojave desert.

Sometimes you just can't hold back the tears.

Niamh B said...

Thanks Socks, tis just a pity I didn't have the non waterproof mascara to complete the look.
Yikes Dominic, that's pretty awful - Nope - taxi driving would not be for me at all at all.
Dead Acorn - stop, you'll set me off again! Glad you got out of it ok.

Totalfeckineejit said...

Poor cushions!I always cry in taxis.
They are so expensive.

Ps Dominic I could understand/ forgive an involuntary number one in the front seat of my car- at a stretch.But if somebody gets the Sunday papers out and settles in for a poo I think I'd ask them to leave.

Niamh B said...

it was a free bus, not a taxi, so really I had little to cry about, but it only took a little...

Unknown said...

Oh, sounds awful. And yet a bit funny. I think we've all been at a place like that at some point. Getting home from the airport is definitely the worst part of the journey.

Batteson.Ind said...

*chuckling madly to myself.... with this and your poem above, you're on cracking form :-D

Niamh B said...

Thanks Jessica, yes it was pretty funny, hope the poor driver isn't too traumatised!
Thank you Cats!! :-)