ok ok, so as correctly divined by the divine niamh boyce, perhaps i had a secret yearning, a wee desire for recognition, for my herculean blogging efforts, especially what with the new look etc
(Honestly the new look is taking some getting used to on this side of the screen - tis all snappy and modern looking, I feel too shabby to write my own blog for god's sake, I need a haircut, a new couch, curtains for god's sake, this blog needs a fashionable owner)
Anyway, thanks Niamh for the Award - the versatile blogger award.
Nothing comes without a cost, I'm told, and the cost for this one is 7 facts about the self. I'm quite shady on the self side normally, though this is a personal blog according to the irish blog awards, I'm always careful to keep my true self well away from all your prying eyes (a blog's a bit creepy after all, anyone can read em, even the not nice people in the world, though hopefully the pink keeps those ones from lingering too long). So anyway here's an exclusive 7 things about me that you'll never hear anywhere else...
1. I am watching last night's RTE news as I type this, since I am planning ahead for tomorrow's post since I'm kind of good that way.
2. I talked about myself for about an hour today.
3. I believe the koala should be allowed to be a bear as well as a marsupial - since it's just so cute.
4. I believe my dog should also count as a bear, because she sometimes behaves exactly the same as a bear.
5. I always wanted to be a writer as a kid until someone told me that meant I wanted to be a journalist, and then I found out what a journalist was and decided I didn't like that idea.
6. The surreal nature of blogging is probably one of my favourite things about it, ie answering comments re which animal shouldn't be brought where for various reasons.
7. My biggest problem is wanting to be the best at everything - see blog on aqua aerobics for more http://variouscushions.
blogspot.com/2009/01/on- ( wanting-to-be-best.html ironically that's one of my many posts with no comments... people were just too impressed)
Right - the reward, I get to pass on the torch to 7 blogs that I love to read....
I'm awarding the award to
(loosely in order of their appearance in the comments on my recent post on not wanting any more awards, no worries folks if you don't have time to accept etc...!)