1. Sleep on your side, your left hand side if you have one. Do not turn during the night. This will ensure that the attractive phenomenon of sleep drool will only happen in one direction - therefore leaving you with just one side of your face to rinse off before you appear before your public. It will also incidentally help with your liver function, and reduce the chances of heartburn weirdly - since we're all asymmetric, and the way all the tubes line up sleeping on your left helps you avoid fluid retention etc etc as well - the things you learn.
2. Leave curtains open all the time.
3. Shower in your underwear, then run to get dry - this also helps build up fitness levels and tolerance to embarrassment. (also known as embarrassment tolerance)
4. Memorize the contents of your GPS system - this will save you having to charge it up and plug it in.
5. Keep big wads of cash sellotaped all over your body - this will help you avoid tiresome queues at ATMs, help you bribe your way to the top of the nightclub and chipper queue and will speed up all sorts of transactions in theory.
6. Only read the most helpful blogs and never comment on them.