Thursday, February 19, 2009

4 Things that made me smile today

"Be inventive, you will be dully rewarded." - a quote from Mr Tat Meng Yap's article about creativity and innovation - not very strong on the aul spellcheck our Mr Yap.

"I wish my wife was this dirty" - written on the back of a very dirty transit van in the muck.

"In the social psychology of groups, social loafing is the phenomenon of people making less effort to achieve a goal when they work in a group than when they work alone. This is seen as one of the main reasons groups are sometimes less productive than the combined performance of their members working as individuals." - a definition of social loafing from wikipedia - I love it.

"I'll be mostly babysitting over the weekend" - says a guy at work - referring to the fact that he will be minding his OWN children for the weekend, ie he will be part of his own family - he made it sound like such a chore.

5 comments:

Colm Keegan said...

I do that babysitting thing all the time...

Niamh B said...

I guess the extra pocket money comes in handy tho!

swiss said...

my favourite van based graffiti of recent times -

'the driver of this van is out of his head on drugs and doesn't give a fuck'

Niamh B said...

That is pretty good, best ever use of a dirty car goes to Scott Wade for his dirty car art tho - have a look

http://www.dirtycarart.com/gallery/index.htm

swiss said...

priceless. i'm not even going to ask how you came a cross it. dogs playing cards. that's my favourite