Monday, December 24, 2012

The evidence

I told ye I'd put a poem or two in a shop today... and I wasn't fibbing.

First - here's the lookout
2012-12-24 13.17.12.jpg









And now three from me

2012-12-24 12.32.00.jpg 2012-12-24 12.31.53.jpg 
By the pens there's

International, it's so fashionable
Grab a pen and act irrational
Fun things left in odd type places
Hope to brighten stranger's faces

 2012-12-24 13.18.42.jpg2012-12-24 13.18.45.jpg
Then beside the bread - first ever IPYPIASM as gaeilge

Is feidir grá a fháil
In aice len arán
Is fiú do aimsir a thógaint
Ag léamh nó ag scríomh dán

translation
Love can be found
beside the bread
It's worth taking time
to read or write a poem
- and it rhymes when it's in Irish - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
2012-12-24 13.17.22.jpg
and then near the apples - not the first time I've seen them  IPYPIASM'd

Fresh as your smile
On another Christmas day
Your "grandeur" calls, your style
Your dignatory sway
I don't think you've gone away


Which all brings us to the new grand total of 

Scotland 11
Ireland 10
USA 6
RoW 0

Anyway, hope you all have a very relaxing day tomorrow and the man in red, if he's coming to you, is generous with his offerings.

xxx

6 comments:

Peter Goulding said...

Oh well done, that cushion! Surely deserves an extra point for bilingualism?

Dominic Rivron said...

Happy Christmas! Sorry I haven't taken part so far this year - I'm letting the side down (er, I think I am the side...). If I rushed round this week with 12 poems...

Gerry Snape said...

well done you this year!...I'm a bit like Dominic...racing back and forth to hospital for the potter!!...back home now and enjoying a good christmas...love Gerry.

Niamh B said...

Tks Peter - Happy Seasonal wishes to you!
Same to you Dominic. yes 12 poems - you could base one on each of the days of xmas!!
Oh Gerry, sounds busy, hope all are well soon as possible!! Enjoy the xmas, put the feet up.
x

Domestic Oub said...


Here's another one!!

http://domesticoubliette.blogspot.ie/2012/12/and-theres-more.html

Niamh B said...

Yippee - have put it up now!