Here's what would happen if the world went monochrome, ie black and white.
1. Most people would be better looking - apart, possibly, from Pink.
2. You wouldn't have to worry about mismatching navy and black socks.
3. Team sports would never happen again - since it would be too hard to tell the teams apart (assuming no one tells the sporty types the obvious solution of one team wearing white and one wearing black)
4. Fresians and other monochrome animals would have the last laugh as they wouldn't change a bit.
5. No artificial colours in anything ever, so they could stop boasting about it in the ads/ on packs.
1. Snooker would get more complicated, with rules like - "Next pot the third lightest grey ball"
2. War would break out over whether it's spelled grey or gray, since it would be so important in the new monochrome world. (On the slightly positive side - peace would be declared in the colour/ color epic struggle since it would no longer matter)
3. Spreadsheets would get (even more) boring
4. Different flavours of flavoured milk would be indistinguishable from each other by sight alone and would need to be tasted to tell them apart. The taste wouldn't be as strong without the colour.
5. Joseph would just have a coat.
And if that all ain't controversial....