Friday, January 16, 2009

Happy News

Happy News, the plane, the river, the wings, a hero, role model, action man. Whatta guy. Inspiring. How many birds were killed, what type, where were they flying? Were they beautiful cold geese, did he hit a ghost, a troop of aliens, who'll now come raging fiery retribution on the world? No - just a load of flying rats, rodents in the air. Nothin important. Every person rescued. Was there anythin hit at all? Was he a terrorist who grew a conscience at the last minute? Either way, by landing safe, in water, cradling his sheep back to mother earth, gently avoiding skaters, rowers, or 15 buck pedalos, he has lifted the rest of us. The whole world sighs relief, happy news at last.
I remember that......

13 comments:

Domestic Oub said...

DE PLANE! DE PLANE! (only those of a certain age will ge the reference. that age does not include Ms Various I suspect.)

Anonymous said...

"Fly Like a Bird, Sting Like a Bee" - was it Cassius Clay ( now known as someone else entirely). But this bird flew and (despite the other terrorist birds) knew how to land - and strangely but luckily, not sink! What a miracle. Could I have landed this bird? How many lads ask themselves that question......

Niamh B said...

No, don't get it, nor do the older people around me... explain pls.

And wasn't it float like a butterfly?? sorry hate to correct you...

swiss said...

sad to say the boss is no longer with us when de plane arrives

what, you want more clues?


khhhaaaaaaaaan!

Niamh B said...

Ok, had to google it - but found it eventually - it's from before my time, but isn't it great how old people can use computers nowadays all the same?

Domestic Oub said...

Sigh. I'm so very old. So old in fact that the jewel in the palm of my hand tunred red looooooooong ago. (See if you get that refernce, junior!)

Niamh B said...

not a clue - not even googling it - I think you're just making stuff up at this stage!!

swiss said...

you'll never get me sandman ; )

Domestic Oub said...

Oh look, I'm Jenny Agutter and all my clothes have fallen off! (again...)

swiss said...

should've kept the kids off the tracks but they will walkabout...

Niamh B said...

And the fries were crinkly, oh my god! said lurlene

swiss said...

lurlene aurely can't be a real name...

Niamh B said...

Just thought I'd make random stuff up - trying to fit in with the rest of ye confused old people...