Tuesday, January 13, 2009

2 new things

The first new thing I'd like to propose is a Swiminema, ie a cross between a cinema and a swimming pool, big screen, heated pool, ok the candy floss and popcorn will need some serious thought regarding packaging, but c'mon it's obvious - some industrious young entrepreneur out there could make a fortune on it, and here I am giving the idea away freely... You saw it here first.

The second new thing is a sneak preview of my Novel - as shown in the below diagram. Each line represents a different character's path through the book... The idea is for me to try and do anything other than actually having to think about it too hard, so that some day I will have 20 million different analyses/ squiggles/ mind maps of a book that will never exist. Hope you like the pic anyway, sadly it makes absolutely no sense to be either. I used to be good at art. This looks more like Fucus Vesiculosis than anything else - and I used to know how to spell that too. You'd think there should be some other useful skills in my repertoire, replacing all the ones I've lost over the years, wouldn't you?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your drawing intrigues me - are you sure you haven't been contemplating my foot?

Domestic Oub said...

looks faintly rude...

swiss said...

i like diagrams rather than plans!

here's something i cam across while avoiding work that i thought you might like
http://darraghdoyle.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-favourite-letterbox-in-dublin.html

Niamh B said...

Anon - I'm quite sure, but you being anonymous makes it hard to tell, either way I think you should have that checked out, your foot I mean.

DO - the book is faintly rude too! so I guess that fits.

Swiss - thanks for that - kinda reminiscent of Post Secret isn't it? Good though.

swiss said...

post secret?

another new thing!

Niamh B said...

see the link to post secret from domestic oubliettes blog... it's unmissable