Monday, March 30, 2009

This week's Fad


I have a teeny bit of an addictive personality - not that you hang around with me for 10 mins and get all high - no...no... it's more a thing that I get into things, and get kinda very very enthusiastic about them, and stick with them for awhile.
Ask the girl in the school tuck shop who sold me burger bites EVERY day for 5 years solid.
Ask the tobacco shaped shadows left on the walls where I lived years ago when I'd have 3 cigarettes before I even awoke.
Ask my employers who only saw me have 1 sick day in the last 10 years (of course it was the one year there was an attendance award.)
Ask the nice people on the door at Nighthawks who've seen me never miss a night yet.
This week you have to ask my strained calf and neck muscles, yes my friends - this week's little addiction is dancing. Last monday saw myself and himself attending a dance lesson. It was fun. Reminded me how much fun you can have challenging your feet to do silly things in time to music. Last saturday whilst abandoned and bereft, I decided to get in some extra practise. In a disco bar. There was a terrible mix of music, but it all ended well with a play of Nirvana and the sore and strained neck that now bravely, somehow... holds my head up. And we're going dancing - again - in just over an hour, and I'm pretty sure there's no head banging required in the Cha Cha, or the Jive, but my little calves will wish they were veal by the time I'm finished with them...

5 comments:

Domestic Oub said...

I can see it now... MrVCushions(tb), tousled hair, hand outstretched - 'No one puts Various in the corner!'

Niamh B said...

Yeah - I've had the time of my life etc etc

Domestic Oub said...

You were meant to sound amused rather than cynical. Are you not having the time of your life at the moments Niamh? When you're tired of Dirty Dancing, you're tired of life...

Niamh B said...

Deep questions for this early on a wednesday, but yes, yes I am indeed having the time of my life, thank you for asking!

Niamh B said...

And it was a very funny comment, and I will never tire of dirty dancing, Cmon Swayzee!!