Thursday, March 19, 2009

3 Marketeers who should be shot


Now I'm not for a second trying to incite violence here, so let's imagine I want them shot with a supersoaker full of slightly runny fried eggs...

Ok - now that that's out of the way - the 3 marketeers who most deserve to be lined up and shot are:
In third place: Whoever's responsible for the new Aero ad - with the skateboarder skating through the brown balloons. Not only is it creepy, in a kind of remember the film with the neighbours and the underground worms - was it Tremors? but the balloons look completely like Maltesers, not a bit like Aero bubbles at all.

A close Second: The property developer from Cavan, spending a fortune on ad space during the Late Late show, claiming that all his houses come with "An impressive list of UNIQUE STANDARD FEATURES" Things like walls maybe - we're all individuals.

And Coming First in the covetted Marketeers who should be shot (albeit with a slightly warm soft breakfast ingredient) -> Whoever put the claim on my jar of coffee

"Good to remember: Coffee contributes towards your daily fluid intake"

Hmmm - so would diluted Strychnine, or a glass of liffey water, but don't try to tell me I should have 5 a day.

4 comments:

Colm Keegan said...

Under my new world order all marketeers will be shot - for laziness. That ad is a total rip off of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN_r9joWNXQ&NR=1

Niamh B said...

You can't start shooting people for laziness - I'd be first against the wall. Good Vid - marketeers could afford more balloons so it looked creepier in the ad tho - course...

Colm Keegan said...

well they'd be shot chielfy becasue their marketeers. And becasue of that stoopid moto they have . One for all and all for one or whatever it was.

Niamh B said...

Hmmm.... Today in work I was asked by a customer to give an explanation of the origins and profile of a new thing I'd invented. The fact that I'd invented it meant there were no origins, ie it's not a well known cuisine of anywhere, the name and recipe just fell out of my head (probably through my ears). Therefore I had to make up a story about the origins and profile, (a very nice creative story it was too!) - and found myself thinking : is this Morketing? am I really an evil Morketeer deep down? And is there anyway for me to avoid being shot on both counts... At least it's only with runny fried eggs anyway